The following articles have been written by both Legends players and referees, and offer a wealth of advice on many aspects of playing Legends. They assume a level of understanding of the game, and are intended for people already playing Legends. So if you have come here to find out more about Legends in general, why not take a Legends Tour, or see an Overview of the game.
We hope to add further articles over time, and so if you wish to contribute, please get in touch.
There are also further guides aimed specifically at new players available from the resources section:
Click Here to view them.
Where articles refer to LPE, unless otherwise mentioned they refer to version 1.08. However, in most cases the information will be relevant to later versions as well.
For your convenience, these articles will open into new windows.
Harlequin's Disclaimer...Whilst we have no reason to believe any information in the articles is incorrect, Harlequin accepts no responsibility for any errors that may exist, nor for any painful deaths that might arise from following advice found within.
- Guides for New Players by Harlequin Games
- Getting More Characters by Andrew Barton
- Lair-Bashing 101 by Mike Pfanenstiel
- Overlord Position Guide by Edi Birsan, Darren Duffy, and friends
- Standing Orders by Jim Kemeny
- Guerilla Warfare by Jim Kemeny
- Guide to being an Ulcer by Edi Birsan
- Character Rolling Thunder by Dean Johnson
- Tip of the Week by Fred Bradbury
- Advice for MAC Users by various players
The following articles have been reproduced with kind permission from Aayko's The Legends Corner
- Costing Character Actions
- Looking at Others
- Trade Goods
- Training Soldiers
- Handling Squatters
- Shells of Magical Protection
- Changing Race
- Practising Attributes and Skills
- Status and Overwriting
- Moving by Land, Sea and Air
- Military Orders
- Information about Guilds
- Flora, Potions and Spells
- Setup Guilds and Guid Facilities
- Covert Actions in Legends
- Blessing and Cursing
- Notes on Magic
- Spell Clarification
- Legends Economics 101
- Adventure Order Rules