Auf Deutsch (automatisch übersetzt)
Blood Tides Rising is Harlequin Games' brand new Legends Module
It will be run as the next International Game (no cross game information)
Players should accept that teams will push the new module to its limits and fight very hard
Setups Due 9am Monday 22nd September
There are still a few spaces left in this game!
See details below
Parthians Faction 2 spaces available.
Merchants Faction 1 space available.
Mad God Faction 1 space available.
The Masters Faction up to 7 spaces availabale.
This is an International Game
Training Level: 12
SEI cap: 2500 (public works 6)
Tac cap: 100%
Tradegoods will weigh 5.
Thief Ruin penalty 280.
until 5 productions has passed. King's Peace is defined in this document
10 day turnaround throughout
Revolts every 6 months.
Snapshot victory conditions are used.
No Teleporting of TGs using adventures or item activation.
There is no restriction on the use of Character Rolling Thunder.
All characters start with 3 character actions.
All characters (main or secondary) may setup as a Priest-Mage.
Flying mounts will be rare in the game except for small races.
Heroes ED - 1 guilds at str 9
Adventurer Parties DCBBB - 1 guild str 6
Overlords CBBBAA - 2 guilds each str 8, Medium race, 1800 pop, 150 lvl 2 Guards; Very Large (Parthian), 1200 pop, 100 lvl 2 Guards.
Mercenaries DCBA 1 guild str 12, Medium race, 150 pop, 300 lvl 8 Knights; Large (Troll), 100 pop, 200 lvl 8 Knights.
Seafarer setups are allowed and/or required for some factions.
Guilds may be placed in module cities which contain the same race population as the guild sponsor. Overlords and Mercs may place their guild in their start location. No-one may place their guild in an ally's home location. Any Hero/AP/Nomad may choose to have their starting guild in a 'nearby' faction module location.
For factional restrictions on religion, consult the setup document.
No GMs will be playing in Blood Tides Rising 1.
All factions have a maximum size of 8 players, except for The Masters.
In BTR1, International Game, The Masters can be filled to the maximum size of 16 players and their Victory Conditions will be at their hardest (see module book).
For all combat clashes you must provide me with an empty force ID. You must have set up the slot commanders and retreat percentage yourself. You must inform the gm of these details in a separate email.
I will teleport characters in and out of the force as appropriate.
In team events the team leader is responsible for organising this and must send details in a clearly titled email.
Defaults: Healing after rounds. Resurrection after clash. No curing of poison; stoning or insanity. Magic and mounts are permitted.
Clash results are not quite final - to give players a chance to appeal if *I* have made an error. You will be told swiftly if there is a last minute change."
A detailed calendar of Clashes available will be announced in due course.
BTR Module FAQ
- These will be updated periodically (if particular questions are asked frequently).
1) There is affliction available in the module - particularly vampire and werewolf statuses.
2) It is correct that Parthians become Pilgrims, and Trolls are required to be Pilgrims.
3) Dwarves and Elves both have access to all runepower type spells via the Pwr Dwarven Axes, and Pwr Elven Hammers.
4) The "Trade Off" is the name for the time of the Merchant Clashes (details available in the Merchant cities).
5) The Base data will be made available to download from the webpage before a deadline for setups is declared.
6) N'DM armoured status does really give minus one thousand five hundred AF/CB/RB/MiAF and have a very high INV.
7) There are several maps in the module but they each show a different world view which can be put together.
8) All the factions are meant to be very distinct, very strong effects will probably be deliberate but ask if you are not sure.
9) Should I have a weaponmaster skill as a basher? A: There will be monster targets for which the extra DAM is useful/needed. But also bear in mind every skill slot is useful for adventure/title completion in BTR.
If you normally play with SSV then the turn charges for this game will get billed to your SSV account. If you normally play with Harlequin, then charges for this game will get billed to your Harlequin account. If you play at both companies then charges for this game will get billed to your Harlequin account.
There can be differences between the SSV/HG BTR module book. Only the HG Module in pdf format
downloaded from this website should be used in conjunction with any errata listed below.
If harlequin says production is on the 4th – then turns dated the 4th run after production. So a player from SSV should imagine that it says ‘production is dated the 3rd'. Production in this example happens after the turns run on the 3rd and before turns run on the 4th.
SSV only accepts Special Actions as an in-game message whereas HG only accepts a Special Action as an e-mail which is separate from your turn file.
Harlequin Games don not allow "artefact creation with spell #211".
Turns should be sent as a separate e-mail to email@example.com with the game and character ID mentioned in the subject. e.g BTR1 C15
HG do no turn order corrections due to player
error! e.g. If your army leaves without food, it either goes hungry, or you have to get food to it in a later turn!
Banned Tactics/HG House Rules
If you are not a regular player with HG you should read Banned Tactics
It would also be advisable to view the house rules, Click Here
Legends 3 changes that apply for BTR1
The new code for Covert actions and specifically the C12 order will be used for BTR.