Based on contributions by Ross Inglis, Edi Birsan and Ron Hunt.
If you have an unwanted NPC in your party, free and alive – how to get rid of them?! You cannot assign them to a slot and have them killed in duel/battle (see B8).
Options roughly in order of preference:
[* = you want them to remain alive]
- * Influence them.
- * Move in soldiers and do Military order 31 Capture.
- * Temporarily gift the force to an ally and raid it several times in the hope of capturing the guy.
- * Make the force a location, gift it to the NPC and Conquer it several times in the hope of capturing the guy (even though not in slot, it could be done, especially if he was already wounded).
- a)* Kidnap them, or b) Assassinate them.
- Ego Attack them till they die and can be burried.
- Give a mighty combat orientated character a thief, spy or assassin skill at level 1. Have them do a covert action against the NPC. With a bit of luck the NPC will capture your character. Your character now tries to Escape and kills the NPC in the duel that is likely to occur.
- * Geas/Charm them.
- Convert them and cast Wrath of God at them till they die.
- Sit and wait – If they are a Blood enemy there is a chance they will toss themselves at their blood enemy during the month and hopefull will get killed. If they are a monster they may simply flee.
- * Do some serious begging with the GM.
- * Let the poor squatter sit in the empty force and get on with your life.
This article is reproduced with kind permission from “Aayko’s The Legends Corner”.