- Decide whether you want to play one or two positions.
- Decide whether you want join individually or as part of a group of friends (max six positions total in a group of friends).
- Decide (as a group if you joining with friends) which faction you would most like to play (ranked list of 3 preferences) – or ‘joker’ if you are happy to play in any faction.
- Tell the GM before the deadline (30th August).
- The GM works out which faction you are playing in.
- The GM informs you which faction you are in, and forwards you the contact details of the others in your faction.
- You work out your setups and send them to the GM (deadline 20th September).
- Game starts within four weeks of that, date of the first production will be set accordingly at this point.
A Joker player gains a mark of Fate on their main character.
Late pledging Jokers will get a mark of Wealth (rather than fate).
Current Positions (last updated 17/9/21)
|1 The Call of Gondor||6|
|2 The Rhovanion Alliance||6|
|3 The Council of Eriador||6|
|5 The White Hand of Isengard||6|
|6 The Shadow Over Mirkwood||6|
|7 The Agents of Mordor||6|
Please get in touch if you see any problems.
Training Level: 12
SEI cap: 700 (99 public works)
Tac cap: 50%
Tradegoods will weigh 5.
Thief Ruin penalty 230.
There is no restriction on the use of Character Rolling Thunder.
7 day turn around until first production, then 10 day thereafter.
Revolts every month.
In this game, you may not share turn result files outside your faction. (This supersedes what is stated in the module.)
In Middle-earth there will be a ‘spirit based’ King’s Peace until the 5th production, or 14 days after Bilbo’s ring is cast into the fire, whichever is sooner (if you are completing adventure 2600 please let me know).
The D1 and D2 orders are not prohibited by either the King’s Peace code, NOR by the ‘Spirit Based’ King’s Peace. You are allowed to issue these two orders without concern.
WARNING: There will be no King’s peace in the Withered Heath or Moria.
During King’s Peace, Military orders that Block armies are allowed as long as the intention is an attempt to block people from moving into/through your factional area (defined as the area in which factions 1-3 or 5-7 might be allowed to set up).
This means, for example that Hobbits can block Orcs/Nazgul moving into the Shire, and all Dark Servants can block Hobbits from moving the Ring toward Mordor. Even Apprentices can be blocked in this regard.
Please don’t Block forces from moving back along their arrival route.
In order to pay the required royalties to the Tolkien estate, the game is more expensive than a normal game of Legends:
Order cost: 9p
Minimum turn cost: £4.30
Maximum turn cost : £11.60
Start up cost: £5 (as usual)
Factions 1-3 have up to 8 positions each.
Up to 4 positions in each faction may choose to complete the adventures necessary to join the Free Companions (faction 4).
Factions 5-7 have up to 8 positions each.
Up to 4 positions in each faction may choose to complete the adventures necessary to join the Fell Lords (faction 8).
All starting characters have 3 actions
Heroes EE – 1 guild @ 20
Adventurer Parties DCBBB – 1 guild @ 10
Overlords CBBBA – 2 guilds @ 10
Mercenaries DCBA 1 guild @20
No position may set up in the province of a module city, or in another player’s location. However, players may request to be set up adjacent to module cities, unlike my normal set up policy.
During the submission of setups phase, I will operate the usual premier setup rules – so anyone who sends in multiple setups will process after those who send in one setup.
Please make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the module.
For this game, in additional to the usual points:
- Champion of the Valar(t2652) is worth 109 free people points to whichever faction that character belongs to.
- Champion of Melkor(t2653) is worth 109 dark servant points to whichever faction that character belongs to.
The following paragraph is not applicable in this game:
“In addition, either the Champion of Valar from faction 4 (if the Free People are victorious) or the Champion of Melkor from faction 8 (if the Dark Servants are victorious) are considered winners.”
Middle-earth, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and the characters, items, events, and places therein are trademarks of Middle-earth Enterprises, LLC used under license by Game Systems International t/a Harlequin Games. All rights reserved.